Hi all! I’ve missed you guys… I’ve turned into this freaky health freak lately. Well, freaky because I freak myself with my choices of food! I can’t stand to eat unhealthy anymore… I’m not complaining but it’s more of a lifestyle change and I’m loving every bit of it. I do love my doughnuts, but occasionally. I hope this phase is here to stay 🙂
Soba noodle salad is healthy, nutritious and super tasty! Its the perfect balance of good carbs, protein and greens. I love how the tangy sweet dressing compliments the salad! Noodles soak up the dressing if left untouched for a while. I do like to make my salad in the morning if I’m serving it for dinner… that way all the flavors get to know each other better.
Soba noodles are generally served cold. You can use just any variety of noodles you fancy! My main protein in this salad is chicken. You can substitute the meat with tofu or cottage cheese or eggs.
I topped my salad with toasted sesame seeds for that added crunch. Crushed peanuts will work too. I’m attaching my video link below and I’m hoping you guys subscribe to my YouTube channel, Liquorish!
Have an amazing day y’all!
Reminding you to subscribe to my YouTube channel.
|Healthy Noodle Salad|| |
- Chicken Breasts 2
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Curry powder 1 tbsp
- Mushrooms 100 gm
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Soba noodles 2 bundles
- Bell peppers sliced
- Scallions 1-2 tbsp
- Coriander 1-2 tbsp
- Toasted sesame seeds 1-2 tbsp
- For the dressing,
- Garlic 1 clove
- Olive oil or vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce 2 tbsp
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar ¼ tsp
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Cook the noodles in salted water before prepping the salad.
- To begin with, season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and curry powder.
- Bring the grill pan to a medium temperature and brush it with oil.
- Grill the chicken for approximately 3 minutes per side.
- When the chicken is half way done, throw in the halved mushrooms and grill until tender.
- Rest the grilled chicken for 8-10 minutes.
- Grate 1 clove of garlic into a shallow bowl for the dressing. Add the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, seasoning and whisk until combined.
- For the assembly, slice the chicken breast and combine all the elements. Top the slad with toasted sesame seeds.
- For best results, refrigerate the salad for 4-5 hours and serve cold 🙂