Hi guys! I’m very happy today and I have no idea why… It’s just one of those happy days 🙂 tomorrow being Valentine’s Day, I’m sure many of you are baking heart shaped cookies, cakes, chocolates and so on. I’m gonna sit back and enjoy the day with my husband. But really, what’s valentines’ day without dessert, right? And it’s gotta be chocolate! But as I said, I’m not spending more than 5 minutes in the kitchen for dessert. For those of you who feel the same, here’s a super duper quick, delicious mug cake recipe that yields an amazing fudgy, moist cake in 45 seconds! You heard me right!
Mug cakes are usually dry and boring on the inside. This one is everything but that! I’m not going to take credit for the recipe though. It’s another one of Chef John’s recipes that’s definitely a keeper. I love the guy 🙂 I’ve tweaked it to my liking and it is peeerfffeecctt!
Here’s what you need,
To begin with, crack an egg into a mixing bowl and add sugar, cocoa, butter, oil, vanilla essence and milk. Whisk the mixture thoroughly until the sugar has completely dissolved.
Gently stir in the toasted slivered almonds and chocolate chips.
The next step is a crucial one. With a spatula, fold the flour- baking powder mixture ONLY until the flour disappears into the chocolate mixture. Do not over mix the batter. This helps to retain the moisture in the cake.
Spoon the batter into pretty microwave safe cups until half full. Tap down gently to get rid of air pockets.
Set the microwave on its highest temperature and cook the cake for EXACTLY 45 seconds. Set a timer if need be. I did 🙂
The cake will get excited and rise at first. As it cools, it’s going to look like the image on the left.
Let the cake cool for about 30 seconds and dig right in… Oh wait! Ice cream and a generous dusting of cocoa, of course!
Oh here’s a shot of the gooeyness I was talking about… before I gobble it all up!
Hope that satisfies your soul!
Wishing all my lovely readers a happy Valentine’s Day! Big hug!
Have a fantastic weekend!
|Chocolate Almond Mug Cake|| |
- Egg 1
- Sugar ¼ cup
- Cocoa 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla essence 2-3 drops
- Milk 3 tablespoons
- Melted butter 2 tablespoons
- Vegetable/ Sunflower oil 1 tablespoon
- Chocolate chips 2 tablespoons
- Toasted almonds 2 tablespoons
- All purpose flour ¼ cup
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- In a mixing bowl, whisk an egg with sugar, butter, oil, cocoa and milk until all the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Stir in the toasted almonds and chocolate chips.
- Gently fold the flour+baking powder until just mixed through.
- Spoon the batter into heat proof cups until half full.
- Set the microwave on its' highest temperature and cook for 45 seconds.
- Cool for 30 seconds.
- Top with your favorite flavor of ice cream and a generous dusting of cocoa. Serve immediately.